Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seven Years Old...

Dear Daniel,

I really can't believe you are seven already. Where did the time go? One of my favorite quotes is 'I sometimes wonder where the years have gone, but never how else I could have spent them'. I think of this quote often because it is so true for me. I wouldn't have spent these last seven years with you in my life any different. I have enjoyed you and watching you grow to the fullest. And oh how you have grown.

At seven years old you can now ride a bike without training wheels. You are reading chapter books. You can write in cursive and have beautiful penmanship. You are learning to spell, can add, subtract and count by ones, twos, fives, tens and hundreds. You are so big I can barely pick you up. You love finding ways to use initiative. You still love Legos and like playing Batman Lego on the Nintendo DS. You've ran a mile in under 11 minutes. You're best friend is David and you still love school. You love going to after school to be with your friends. Pat and Oscars is one of your favorite places to eat out. You're favorite TV show and movie is 'The Clone Wars'. You love playing soccer and playing tag. You have lost three baby teeth. You are thoughtful and kind and creative. You can reach up and put your hand on my cheek. You love jokes and riddles and are very silly. You are incredibly truthful. You can say the Lord's Prayer, Psalm 23, Psalm 121 and the Ten Commandments. When you are asleep you still look like the baby I held in my arms seven years ago. You are a gift from God and I love you more than I ever imagined possible.

Happy Birthday, my big boy!

No comments: