Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Catching Our Breath

Daniel has survived his blitz of birthday fun, and today returned to school. Phew, from Sammy's birthday in late October until Daniel's birthday it is just a whirlwind of celebrations, holidays and general frivolity. Two and a half months of parties, gift giving, and for me, general gluttony.

Now it is time to pay the price, though. After seeing Sammy scramble up the rock walls I have renewed my vow of getting back to a lean mean daddy machine. I have to be able to keep up with my five year old as he scales mountains (or at least the very safe environment that is the indoor climbing facility). So, no more desserts, gonna start running again, moderate portions at dinner.

Of course, today is the day that Suzy brought home a tub of ice cream from the ice cream social at school. Well, maybe just a little dessert.

No comments: