Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mile Fun Run

Daniel ran in his second Mile Fun Run at school today. The first fun run was a couple of months ago and Daniel had a hard time. I wasn't there, but Dan was helping with the timing of the kids and gave me the low down. Apparently Daniel didn't know he had finished running the six laps and ran an extra lap. He collapsed at the finish line panting and in tears (he is a bit dramatic).

Daniel was determined to do better this time, so I was a little nervous for him. I knew he could do it, that kid can run and run while playing tag. I think it is more of a mental and emotional challenge for him.

Here he is setting off to the park. All smiles.Getting reading for the run. Still a big smile.And he's off.Good job Daniel! (He looks like he is concentrating)
You're doing great buddy! Keep it up!One more lap, you can do it!Triumph! Daniel finished the mile (with no tears) in 10 minutes and 53 seconds. He even wanted to run a couple more laps.I think he was real proud of himself. I know I was.

No comments: