Thursday, February 05, 2009

Over Extended

Shhh, please don't tell, but I ditched a cub scout meeting tonight. It was the parent meeting, and I am sure you can understand why I didn't want to go, the last time I went to one of these this was the result.

Between cub scouts, school board, pto, bible study and session meetings, way too many nights for Suzy or I are spent away from the house. Is it any wonder why we are resisting the urge to add organized sports? Just the thought of another activity makes me quake a bit.

Today was the science fair at the boys' school. While they are still too young to do projects themselves, for the past four years I have volunteered as a judge. Suzy asks each year if it 'was fun', and each year I have a hard time saying yes. It is something that I enjoy doing, because I like the interaction with the kids, but it isn't really 'fun'. Really, I think it is hard work. You have to balance all of these factors and come up with some judgment on their efforts. It makes me appreciate all the more what teachers go through. Having to do that on a daily basis would drive me batty. Well, more batty.

Anyone know what meeting I have to ditch tomorrow?

No comments: