Friday, February 20, 2009

Saturday Morning Pancakes

I love Saturday mornings. I love it for many different reasons. It is the start of the weekend. There is the possibility that I might get to sleep past 6:30 a.m. (if the boys aren't already awake and making a racket in their room or I haven't woken up at 5:45 out of habit). I don't have to get ready to take the boys to school. And I don't have to cook breakfast. Why is that you ask? Because my wonderful husband makes us pancakes for breakfast. And not just your average everyday pancakes, these are the best homemade pancakes I've ever had (thank you Alton Brown). My mouth waters just thinking about them. Butter, syrup and whipped cream on top. Yum! I can't wait till tomorrow morning!

(Sammy is laughing because he thinks the whipped cream sliding off Dan's pancakes is hilarious.)

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

I don't think those qualify for "breakfast". Looks more like dessert to me!

Jane said...

I love hearing Sammy's laughter!
Hugs, Toots