Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

Last night, since it was Valentine's Day, I decided to really go crazy on the romance scale. I know, I know, it's hard to believe that I could be even more romantic than I already am, but sometimes I surprise even myself. To celebrate this year... we let Daniel invite his best buddy over for a sleepover, and we had three crazy boys running around the house, staying up late, and just generally causing a ruckus. It was a blast. Suzy somehow managed to be 'running an errand' when drop off occurred, so it was just the four of us for the first hour and a half. I was chopped with light sabers, blasted by lasers, and just generally attacked for the entire 90 minutes. You can't imagine the relief I felt when Suzy finally returned.

Despite our best efforts the boys stayed up way later than normal, well, at least Sammy and the buddy did. Daniel was out. Out like a light. Snoring up a storm, his Papa would be proud. Suzy and I wrapped up the threatening at about 9 (which is pretty late for us, especially since we had church early the next morning).

At about 6:15 or so this morning the noises started, which is probably a good thing, because instead of having to get two squirmy wormys ready for church, it was three. Three, I found out this morning, is much more than two. The buddy has his own way of getting ready in the morning, and I just couldn't get him to conform to my ways. Well, we got them brushed, dressed and fed by 7:35, and off to church we went. The other fun part of the weekend was that Suzy taught in the church pre-school this morning, which meant I was on my own in the sanctuary with the squirmy wormys. I survived, with one arm tightly wrapped around Sammy to keep him in line. The buddy and Daniel were perfect in service, and we all had a good day.

The boys were pretty grumpy when the buddy left around lunch time. But that is probably a good thing, because it meant that the first sleepover was a success. I think I will be waiting for a while before the next one, though, because I am tired.

No comments: