Monday, February 09, 2009

Making Them Laugh

I can remember so distinctly when Daniel was a small little baby, making him laugh. He would be lying on his changing pad and I would tickle him and he would laugh and laugh and laugh. His face would just light up and he would look so happy. The joy he would show through those laughs would be a nice balance to the hardships and difficulties that are inherent to having a small baby.

Today I still love to make the boys laugh. I know just what to do to make them giggle uncontrollably. For Daniel, it is still a good tickle, he just can't help it. Sammy, on the other hand, is susceptible to many different forms of laugh attacks. While he is ticklish, I oftentimes consider that too easy. I like to go for the challenges. Tonight we were battling (laser blasters, and yes, I was the bad guy), and I was looking for a laugh, so I went for the always difficult, 'across the room' laugh. As Sammy was running away from my ferocious onslaught of laser destruction,

'Sammy! I got you in the bum!'

Laugh, laugh, laugh. And I loved it.

No comments: