Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Things Heating Up

You might think that this blog entry is going to be about the warmer weather that we are experiencing here in San Diego.

You would be wrong.

You might think that this blog entry is going to be about the fact that RCK Controls (where I work) has been getting lots of good business news recently.

You would be wrong.

You might think that this blog entry is going to be about the fact that baseball season has started and the Padres have a bullpen that is full of hard throwers.

You would be wrong.

OK, enough already. I have a child that has an unusual tolerance/desire for spiciness. We had nachos for dinner tonight and Sammy decided he wanted some jalapenos on his nachos. Normally he gets one, and enjoys it. Tonight Suzy plopped three down on his nachos, and tried to resume her conversation with me. Approximately four seconds later we look back over at Sammy as he furiously is downing water. The little tamale scarfed those three jalapenos like they were candy, and was paying the price. He looked at me, and gave me this really big smile. If I could peer into his brain I imagine he was thinking,

'Wow, that was hot! Hey, that was kinda cool. I wonder if they would give me some more?'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to get Sammy to eat something all you have to do is tell him it is hot.

Amy said...

At Subway I always have to ask for more jalapenos because they never can give me enough. I probably eat 30 on a 6 inch sub. I love jalapenos :-)

Chrissie said...

Not surprised at all after I watched him drinking salsa at lunch during our visit. Not exaggerating. Drinking it like cool-aid. Wow.