Friday, April 24, 2009

Staycation

Suzy and I are on our first multi-night getaway vacation without the boys in seven years. My mom graciously volunteered to watch the Cannibal and the Pirate for a couple of days, so we traveled far afield and ended up in Downtown San Diego.

We are staying in my dream location, the hotel that is connected to Petco Park, the home of the Padres. It is quite the posh location, and Suzy and I are very much enjoying the digs. Tonight we get to see the Padres face off against the Pirates in a battle of two terrible teams, but I don't care, I get to go to a game! Right now we are just waiting for the morning gloom to burn off before we go on a walk along San Diego Bay. Maybe some pool time a little later, lunch hopefully at a friend's sandwich shop down here. What a day.

[I just had a Google Chat with Daniel's teacher. I noticed that she was online, so I checked to see if they made it to school on time (nice job, mom, sorry I checked up on you). It was a bit of a strange experience because Daniel's teacher brought him over to her computer and I chatted with him for a few minutes. My first online chat with my child. Modern technology is pretty cool.]

No comments: