Sunday, April 05, 2009

Peace

Today was a bit of a rough day. One of the boys (not me) was a bit too squirmy in church this morning, and they both were less than optimal during their Sunday School, so they started the day off wrong. That continued when we got home, so there was a lot of stress and consternation in the Walls home. Peace was not in our house. So, when Suzy and I were discussing what to blog about tonight, and she suggested Peace, I was a bit confused. Then she reminded me, reminded me of a time when there was peace, peace like a river. A time that was this morning, on the ride in to church....

There we were, deeply involved in a bizarre conversation with our boys, when the Peace overcame us.

'I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river in my soul.'

My eldest was serenading us with a song that he remembered from a CD that he liked. Sammy, not wanting to be left out of the conversation, piped in with,

'You gotta pee like a river?'

No comments: