Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Boys

Suzy is convinced that I will never post another blog post, so mainly this one is to prove her wrong. My muse has been missing recently, I just don't have that much to say via blog. That is not to say that things aren't going well, they certainly are going great. Sammy and I have been having lots of fun battling, wrestling, having water gun fights, etc. I have also been blessed with the opportunity to teach Daniel's Sunday School class over the summer (at least I am sharing the duties with one other person, that is). It has been very neat to see Daniel in a more 'classroom' setting, seeing how he interacts with the other kids and teacher.

Since Sammy's birthday is in October we had to make the decision on when to send him to kindergarten, this fall, or next. We decided long ago that we would rather he be older than younger, and while it is apparent to me that he could do it this year, he will really benefit by waiting one more year. The thought that he could be starting kindergarten in just a few more months is one to catch my breath. I am very happy that all of next year I will be able to just decide on a whim to have him skip school while he and I go do something fun. I have been debating getting a LegoLand membership again and sneaking up there with him a few times this year. I also am desperate to take him to an indoor rock climbing facility to see how he would do. He has a basic wall at his school that he loves to climb, and I think that he would have a great time with a bigger wall.

Daniel is approaching the age where I may consider risking a baseball game again. Going to a ballgame is one of my favorite things to do, and I had visions of going to games with the boys, but those visions were dashed with the reality of the whining and complaining that goes with the territory. Baseball just doesn't seem to be made for a three/four/five year old, at least when you are paying for decent seats at Petco and don't want to leave after the fifth inning. But Daniel is getting to be old enough that I may give it another shot.

All that means that I have big plans for the boys, but the summer is disappearing too quickly. We are already up against August, and I am running out of time for these fun things I want to do!

That's it. No more blog posting for me. Where's my Padres schedule?

No comments: