Friday, July 18, 2008

LA Summer (Day 5)

My Dad and I took the boys up to Soleado School this morning, the local elementary school where I attended 1st through 4th grade, so Daniel could practice riding his bike without training wheels. The first time around the playground with my Dad holding onto the seat and running behind had Daniel in tears. The feeling was just to weird and scary. Daniel sat and cried for a while and then amazing jumped back on the horse. Way to go Daniel! The second time around he whimpered, but after that he got more and more comfortable. He didn't get comfortable enough to ride on his own, but that will come with practice. I am so proud the he didn't give up. It was neat watching my Dad with Daniel teaching him how to ride in the same place he taught me to ride a bike about 26 years ago.

For dinner we went to Kings Hawaiian Restaurant where I stuffed myself with kalbi ribs. Yum! And for dessert we brought home a dobash cake in celebration of my Dad's upcoming birthday. Double yum!

Tomorrow morning we head home. Although the boys are having a ball and not ready to leave I am missing my Baby (Dan). I knew it was time to be getting home when I squeezed my Dad's bum yesterday as I walked by him. Yes, it is time to go home, but we will take with us some great memories. And we will look forward to our next LA summer.




1 comment:

powellsa74 said...

It looks like you had such a good time! The boys are too cute. Wish Uncle Bob a happy birthday!!!
Cousin Sarah