Monday, July 14, 2008

LA Summer (day 1)

The boys and I are in LA at my parent's house for our yearly summer visit. Since Daniel was born I have been coming up to stay with my parents for a week during the summer. It has become a tradition that I and the boys have come to enjoy and look forward to very much. One of the best things about visiting Papa and Tutu is we have established so many traditions; places we like to go, restaurants we like eating at and things we enjoy doing.

We only arrived late this morning, but we had a fun packed day. After a quick nap, in which only my Mom and I slept (it has become the norm that the adults all collapse exhausted at siesta time while the kids do who knows what), we headed off to the theatres to watch 'Kung-fu Panda'. The boys have been wanting to see this movie and luckily it was still playing at the local theatre. It was a cute movie and the boys really enjoyed it. The only drawback was they spent much of the evening practicing their karate moves on innocent plants, eachother and Papa. After the movie we walked over to the boys favorite place to eat here, Red Brick Pizza. And to wrap it all up we got dessert at Yummy Yogurt (one of my favorite places to go). Despite their pre-bedtime hyperness they crashed. I am pretty tired myself. Who knows what kind of fun and yummy things tomorrow will hold. I will let you know.




No comments: