Monday, December 31, 2007

Year End Review

2007 has been an exciting year for the Walls family. I think I will title it "2007: The Year of Change". I guess every year is filled with change especially when you have young children, but this year brought about many changes and much adjustment.

2007 started with Daniel turning 5 and a fun filled day at Legoland with Tutu, Papa and Nana. Also in January Sammy graduated from his crib to a big boy bed. Sammy took a big step when he joined Daniel in Teacher Laurie's preschool class at the beginning of February. The spring was filled with fun trips to Disneyland, the East Coast to see lots of relatives, a four day backpacking trip in the San Jacinto Mountains for me and a family retreat with our church in our local mountains. In June Daniel graduated from preschool. A week later the boys and I were in Oregon visiting my sister and her family. We moved Daniel into Sammy's room and reclaimed the studio/computer room. We spent the summer swimming at the pool, Daniel in summer camps at City Tree and both boys attending VBS at church (I got to have a full week with no boys for the mornings, Yippee!). We ended our summer with an amazing trip to Hawaii where we stayed at a beach house on Oahu. The boys got to meet their great grandparents and a plethora of other Hawaiian relatives. At the end of August I celebrated my 33rd birthday (am I really that old?) and Dan and I celebrated 10 years of marriage (has it really been that long?) In September Daniel started full time Kindergarten and Sammy started preschool at City Tree. Since I found myself with so much free time on my hands (yeah right!) I started working a little bit for my old company. Dan and my Dad trained for a bike tour from Rosarito Beach to Ensenada that they both completed in 3 hours and 5 minutes, not too bad. October saw tragedy in San Diego as fires raged throughout the county, but was also a time of celebration as Sammy turned 4 years old. We got to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her girls. Daniel lost his first tooth. Just a few days ago the boys took their first trip to L.A. with my parents all by themselves. Dan and I got to spend three days in the house all alone (simply wonderful).

We will ring in the New Year with root beer floats and mint chip shakes, yum. We sure did fill the year with fun memories and can't wait to see what this next year holds in store for the Walls family. Stay safe and Happy New Year!

No comments: