Thursday, December 13, 2007

Baby it's Cold Outside...

It was in the thirties when I woke up this morning and let me tell you it was C-O-L-D! It could have snowed if there was rain...well probably not, but it was cold. I mean this is San Diego, the finest city, the city of sand and sun and temperatures in the thirties just will not do. The rain and chilly weather are making it feel like Christmas is looming near and I guess it is just around the corner. Our house is looking quite festive. We have decked the halls and trimmed the tree. The stockings are hung by the chimney and the lights outside are aglow. Yes, there is definitely Christmas in the air although we are more coughy, sniffly and hard of hearing than merry and bright.

This year we splurged and bought a noble fire instead of the cheaper douglas fir for our Christmas tree and boy am I glad. The extra ten bucks is worth all the time saved vacuuming up dropped needles. I know I say this every year, BUT... I think this is the best Christmas tree yet. The boys loved decorating the house and tree, although they were a little anxious to get everything out and start in on the fun before the adults were quite ready.
So it is beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas, although I wouldn't mind if it felt a little less like Christmas, maybe by 20 or 25 degrees. Jack frost has been nipping at my nose too often these mornings.

No comments: