Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Our Garden

Last week one of the Moms working in the boy's preschool told me about a conversation she had with Sammy about our garden. Sammy said how much he loved his garden and went into detail about all the yummy things he picks and eats in the garden. I have to agree with Sammy, I love our garden. This is my favorite time of year in the garden. The flowers are flowering and the fruit and veggies are just asking to be picked and eaten ripe from the vine or branch. Sometimes we can't even eat the stuff fast enough. It is probably a good thing we have a small backyard or we would be overrun by tomato, zucchini and pea vines. Two of our favorite this year are the blueberries and baby tomatoes. If you have never had a tomato picked fresh from the vine then you are missing out. And I have about 5 beets the size softballs in my fridge that I have no idea how to prepare. June in the garden is truly the best.

No comments: