Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bachelorhood

I am a bachelor for the week. The boys and Suzy went to Portland to visit Suzy's sister and her family. My first act as a bachelor was to spend my lunch break yesterday at Fry's Electronics (100 ft ethernet cable, awesome!) and at Performance Bike Shop (new bike pump, new odometer, pedal straps). Yesterday afternoon I was not looking forward to going home to an empty house so I stopped off and picked up a large sausage pizza from Filippi's. I am conducting an experiment, how many consecutive meals I can ring out of that one pizza. My hypothesis was six. Wish me luck.

Since I didn't go home for lunch (standard operating procedure) I went on an extended bike ride with my co-worker, Tony. We headed north for half an hour and turned around. The nice thing about going north for us is that we get to ride through Miramar Marine Corp Air Station, and on the way back a jet flew over us on its way in to land. It couldn't have been more than 100 feet directly above us. The sound was deafening, and the spectacle of having the sky filled with this plane was amazing. A very cool end to a good ride.

Suzy and the boys get back Saturday. I might need to order another pizza. Maybe pepperoni this time...

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hmmm. You may want to order 2 pizza's 'cause we are having way too much fun & I may have to keep them all for another week or so. You won't mind, right? Just think of all that pizza.....

Dan said...

Well, I just finished the last of the pizza today for lunch. I was right, 6 meals. Another good ride today, went a little farther, saw another cool jet landing at Miramar.