Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm Back Baby

Despite Suzy's lack of faith in my motherboard replacing skills, as you can see, we are back. Maybe not better than before, but certainly not worse. The kind folks at Dell sent me the replacement motherboard, and it took me about two hours this afternoon to pop it in and run it up.

But wait, you ask, why are you home this afternoon? Why are you not at work? Thank you for asking. Today Daniel went to his first day of Summer School (sick yesterday), and Suzy has gone off to pick him up. Normally Sammy would go with her, but he has succumbed to the bug that has been ravaging our household. I am coming to realize that it is only a matter of time for me. I will fight the good fight, but I fear that there are no winners in this battle, only survivors.

At least it has given me a chance to hone my computer repair skills. The other good news for us is that our new computer (a father's day present for me, what a wife I have), has been shipped and even as I type this it is on its merry way south from Riverside. I am hoping that the big Dell box will be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow.

1 comment:

PaPa said...

I want a new computer too. No fair!