Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Inspired

While browsing my local Michael's today some beautiful scrapbooking paper caught my eye and I just couldn't resist.

When I first started scrapbooking, maybe 10 years ago, the whole scrapbooking craze had yet to set in. The scrapbooking section in most craft stores was pretty small and held your basic tools and supplies: paper, pens, stickers, scissors, adhesives, albums and pre-made die cuts. Today the scrapbook section of my Michael's probably takes up a sixth or more of the store. The sheer amount of papers, stickers, rub-ons, punches, eyelets, ribbon, inks, die cuts and embellishments is overwhelming.

So while I was out shopping for someone's birthday present, whose birthday is this Saturday and who is going to be really old, I decided to stop by Michael's to use my 40% off coupon (you gotta love those). I usually skip the patterned paper aisle because I already have way too much paper, but the beautiful patterns jumped out at me and inspired me. Yes, these lovely papers I have picked out have inspired me, not to scrapbook, but rather to paint my bedroom. I have been longing to paint our bedroom, it is basically the only room I have yet to throw color on the walls. I want to paint it a light grayish blue. They say that blue is a good color for the bedroom because it is calming and serene.

So I have been inspired, but the logistics of actually painting our bedroom less than inspiring because we have so much furniture, shelving and pictures on the walls. And I still have to finish painting the boy's bathroom that I started a half a year ago. Well, at least I have my pretty papers to look at and maybe I'll buy Dan a big can of blueish-grey paint for his birthday.

No comments: