Monday, April 23, 2007

Birthday Celebration

Over the weekend we celebrated Dan's birthday. I won't mention how old he turned, although I think you can probable figure it out. We started the morning out giving presents in bed: books, books and more books and Daniel made Dan a special Lego creation. Then the boy's and I took Dan out for a yummy breakfast. After breakfast Sammy and I baked Dan's birthday cake. Then probably the best part of Dan's day was dropping the boys off at Nana's house and having the rest of the day to himself. When you are a parent having time to yourself is the biggest gift of all. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys and love being with them, but having time to yourself is precious indeed.

Dan and I lounged around, went for a walk (when was the last time we did that?), watched a movie at full volume and had a nice dinner. We went back to Nana's house for cake and to bring the boys home.

I think Dan had a pretty good day, I know I did. Next year will be a big birthday for Dan because he will be just as close to the big 4-0 as he is to thirty. Now that is a scary thought. And even scarier because I am only 16 months younger than Dan! I guess you have to just enjoy each year because they sure go by fast.

"Yesterday is for remembering, tomorrow is for dreaming, but today is for enjoying, every minute that it's here!"

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

43?!?! You don't look a day over 35!