Monday, December 29, 2008

A Quiet House

It has been abnormally quiet in our little house today. I think a big part of that is the fact that the boys are up in LA with my parents. Yes, Dan and I are sans kids for three whole days! Yippee! Can you tell I am a little excited? They left bright and early yesterday morning, so it has been about two days without the boys. And although I miss their sweet little faces and hugs and kisses, it sure is nice not to have take care of anyone but myself for a few days.

We Skyped them tonight and it appears everyone is doing well. My parents didn't seem to be at the end of their rope...yet. They got their hair cut, had donuts, saw a movie, pulled weeds and got soaking wet in my parent's backyard fountain and that was just today. I am sure my parents will be wiped by the time we arrive.

Dan and I have been doing a lot of relaxing. I have been reading, sewing, knitting and just enjoying the peace and quiet of our house. It is definitely nice to have a break from parenting every once and a while. Thanks Tutu and Papa!

No comments: