Sunday, December 28, 2008

Playing in the Rain

Last Monday when San Diego was experiencing Portland-like weather I took the boys out front to play in the rain. Since we don't get a whole lot of rain here the boys are always excited to romp around in the puddles and falling water. Most of the time they run around with their umbrellas, but this day they decided to ditch any cover and run around in the rain. Daniel played soccer while Sammy stood under an overflowing gutter and let the water drench him. I don't understand how they could stand being wet and in the cold. I was wearing a jacket and scarf and was still cold! But I can remember walking in the street gutters in bare feet on rainy days when I was a kid and not being cold. Either that or I just didn't care. Oh, to be so carefree and just enjoy the moment. I envy my boys that.

No comments: