Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkin Time

I can't believe it is already that time of year! You know, when time seems to go into warp drive. Sammy's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year and finally Daniel's birthday. It is like a whirlwind of excitement and activity. The first trip to the Pumpkin Patch always seems like the launching pad to me.

I have been to quite a few pumpkins patches since having my first child. All have been very fun, but I think this one, Victoria's Gardens, has been one of the best. You never quite know what to expect when going to a new pumpkin patch. Will it smell of cow manure the whole time? Will there be a good selection of pumpkins? Will there be a hay maze or petting zoo? The pumpkin patch the Kindergarten class went to today had it all. We took train and hay rides, jumped in jumpy tents, slid down giant slides, ran through a corn maze, took a pony ride and pet and fed the animals. The kids had so much fun it was fun just watching them.

At the end the kids all got to pick out a pumpkin. The only requirement was that the pumpkin be about the same size as your head. Lucky for Daniel he inherited his father's very large noggin.
I am so glad I got to participate in this fun event with Daniel's class, but I am wiped. I don't know about Daniel, but I think it will be an early bedtime for me. And I get to do it all over again on Monday with Sammy's preschool class.
So now there are pumpkins on the porch. There is no denying that the holiday season is upon us. Let the good times roll!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Are you saying that my head is the size of a pumpkin? A pumpkin-head? Yeah, I guess you're right...