Sunday, October 28, 2007

Almost 4!

Tomorrow is Sammy's 4th birthday! I can't believe it. I mean 4 years old! My youngest! When did that happen? It seems like overnight. Strange that 4 years ago there were also devastating fires burning in San Diego. Boy has my life changed in these last four years, in just the last year too. My sweet, sweet, chunka, chunka baby is a big boy.

We celebrated Sammy's birthday on Friday. We have the tradition of having our family and our old neighbors, Bela and Maracela who are like family, over for birthdays. Sammy's birthday has always had a Halloween theme, which makes things very easy, lots of balloons, candles and yummy cake. This year was fun because Daniel and Sammy could help decorate for the party and even helped make a pin the eyes on the pumpkin game. We had pizza and cake, friends and family. Just perfect! Sammy was tickled opening all his presents, one of the few times out of the year that he gets new toys.

Tomorrow we will have pumpkin pie to celebrate his special day. Yummy! It is funny looking back over the last four years because although Sammy has grown and changed so much he is still so much like the baby and toddler he was. He is still so smiley and happy. That kid sure knows how to have a good time! He is curious and never afraid to try something new. Sammy rarely complains or whines and always seems to enjoy whatever he is doing. He is still so silly and people always tell me that they love to just watch Sammy. And he still knows how to melt my heart in a heartbeat.

Sammy may be turning four, but he is still my sweet snuggle buggle and he still lets my hug and kiss his sweet, soft cheeks. Happy Birthday, Sammy! You are such a big boy!

No comments: