Monday, September 10, 2007

Week 2

So today was the first day of the second week of school. I think we have worked out a pretty good routine. The night before school we have the boys pick out their clothes for the next day. Dan gets the boys up at around 6:45 am and gets them dressed and teeth brushed. I get their breakfasts ready by about 7:10 and then we are out the door by 7:45. It is a little hectic getting breakfast ready and trying to remember all the bags and blankets and papers we need to bring with us, but all in all it has been good.

Sammy and Daniel appear to be having a great time in school. When I pick them up they are beaming and energized (how they can have so much energy after all day at school I don't know). They don't appear to miss me too much, though they give me lots and hugs and kisses when they get home, but I sure do miss them. The house is strangely still and quiet and seems less full of life without them here. It is funny how when the boys are in the house I often crave just a moment of peace and quiet and yet when I have the house to myself and all the peace and quiet I want, I miss their little voices. I guess after almost 6 years of being around my boys almost constantly, it will take some time to get used to having extended time away from them.

I have to say this transition has been pretty smooth. The school has been awesome and I couldn't be happier Daniel and Sammy's teachers. The boys are happy and that makes me happy. And if Mama is happy, as Dan likes to say, then every body's happy.

No comments: