Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of the 1st Grade

Daniel is officially a 1st grader. He was pretty excited about going back to school this morning. He didn't seem nervous of uncomfortable at all. I think it helps he has Ms. Foust, his teacher from last year who he adores, and is in the same room. It is a split class, half Kindergartners and half 1st graders, so there was some quivering lips and sad faces. I think it probably helped to have some older kids in there putting the younger ones at ease. When I picked up Daniel he was happy and in a good mood. He seemed a little tired. I expected as much as this year he will not have nap time. I am sure he will adjust as the year goes on.
Sammy starts his preschool class tomorrow. We ran some errands, played some Lego Star Wars together (the boys are obsessive about this game) and Sammy's theatrics kept me entertained.
Sammy and I both missed Daniel around the house. I'm not sure who missed him more, me or Sammy. It's probably a tie. Tomorrow both boys will be in school and I am sure the house will seem oh so quiet. I expect I will be enjoying some alone time quite a bit.

No comments: