Saturday, May 10, 2008

We took the boys out to Lake Murray today. I've actually never been to this lake before even though it is only about 10 minutes away. I was a beautiful warm spring day. I really needed a day like this after a cold and cloudy week with two sick kids. Since coming back from my Colorado canoe trip I've felt pretty out of it. Been in a strange, lethargic funk. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it, but I think I just missed the sun and being out in the open.

The boys had fun feeding the ducks, running around, setting up a rock and sticks shop (leaves were money) and watching all the squirrels run around (there were about one thousand squirrels out and about). We will definitely have to go back. Maybe bring our fishing poles and try and catch a fish or two. A perfect day for a stroll along the water.




No comments: