Monday, August 27, 2007

Me at 33!

Yesterday was my birthday. Yep, I am now 33 years old. WOW! I still wasn't used to being 32 and now I've moved on to 33. This birthday also means that I am now only 2 years away from being 35 and that is only 5 years from 40 and then sooner than I know it I will be 50. Pretty frightening, huh? Boy, how the years have flown by. And on Thursday Dan and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Just amazing.

I had a great birthday. I was spoiled with so many cool presents, including a heart made out of Legos from Daniel, a beautiful handmade purse from my sister and a hand knit shirt from Nana. We hung around the house and relaxed yesterday as we are all trying to get back on San Diego time. Dan made a delicious Cajun shrimp dinner and got a mint ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery. Delicious!
This year I will find myself in a new stage of life. Daniel will be entering kindergarten in just a week. In addition to being a stay-at-home Mom, I will be learning how to be a school Mom. I also hope to get back to working a little bit while the boys are both in school. This is definitely going to be a transition year for me and I will have to adjust to a new daily life. I am both excited and scared to be leaving the familiar and venturing out into the unknown. But I have had 32 great years and each year seems to get better and better, so I know this year will hold many great memories and experiences. Here's to 33! Hip-hip Hurray! Hip-hip Hurray! Hip-hip...


No comments: