Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Pictures


After putting it off for a while, this morning I was determined to get pictures of the boys for our Christmas cards. I had cut out big letters that spelled ‘joy’ and my plan was to have the boys hold the letters while looking adorably cute in their Christmas clothes. But as we all know the words plans and children do not mix well.

They boys actually seemed excited about doing the photo shoot, so I was pretty optimist about getting some good shots. I decided to start with Daniel so he would be a good example for Sammy. After getting a shot of Daniel squinting his eyes, looking down and throwing the J, I decided maybe Sammy would be an example for Daniel.

Amazingly enough Sammy did not chuck the O, but when I told him to hold the O up he would put it over his face and when I told him to put it down lower he would just squat down with the O still covering his face.

Since I could tell that the boys were quickly fading and I wasn’t having much luck with the J and O, I tried having the boys hold the Y together. I didn’t have much luck with one kid in the picture, I don’t know why I thought putting them together would be much better. One would look up the other down, next shot one would look straight and the other away. I got one great picture of the word joy, but Sammy looked like he was crying and Daniel looked anything but joyous.

By now, I had about a dozen shots and not a one was worthy of our Christmas card. It was so frustrating that it was hilarious. And instead of getting mad I burst out laughing.

As the boys played Frisbee with the letters an idea came to me, actually two. One, I promised lollipops if they posed for a couple more pictures. That quickly got them back in line. And two, I told them to love the letters.

Bingo! Bam, bam, bam. I got my shots in less than one minute.

If you want to see them you'll have to check your mail.

No comments: