Sunday, March 09, 2008

Read to Me

I think one of the things I will miss the most when the boys have grown up, besides the hugs, kisses and snuggling, is reading books to them. I love reading to the boys and they love being read to. They are drawn to books like bees to flowers.

Now that Daniel is learning to read I have found him reading books to himself and even reading to Sammy. Even Sammy feels the excitement of this milestone for Daniel as Sammy will run to find me exclaiming excitedly, 'Daniel read a book to me!" As excited as I am for Daniel I am also a little sad knowing that all to soon my reading days will be over. But I am and have taken advantage of the time I do have. I have probably read hundreds of books for hundreds of hours to the boys.

Transitions are never easy, at least for me. I know it will be sad when reading to the boys becomes only a distant memory, but hopefully then I will be reading with the boys. And that might be just as special and enjoyable.






No comments: