Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Morning Fun

I got a bit of a surprise when I went in to brush the boy's teeth and get them dressed for school this morning. Typically they are in their room saving the world from bad guys or are having an epic Lego battle. This morning, something different. Something strange. What? What is going on in there? These were my thoughts as I approached the door that begins my day. Daniel and Sammy were playing... football. They had a football (some of Sammy's underwear, clean, I hope), they were throwing it around. And sometimes even catching it. I heard Daniel utter these words,

'Okay, Sammy, let's huddle up and figure out how to beat these guys.'

The teams were Baby Bippie (don't ask) versus the Giants, and Daniel and Sammy were on the Baby Bippie side (really, don't ask!). I am pretty sure that those rough and tumble Baby Bippies were winning.

So, to summarize, now that football season is over for months, my boys are expressing an interest. Just when I would love for one of them to want to watch a baseball game with me, they are into football.

No comments: