Sunday, February 12, 2006

Feels like Summer

As I sit here and type I am wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Why am I attired in such clothing in the middle of February? Because it is 82 degrees outside right now! For the past couple of days we have been having a Santa Ana. While it makes for chilly nights it also makes for warm dry days. Normally Santa Anas come in the summer and are not so welcome, but when they come in winter a Santa Ana is a treat. It is a little glimpse of what is to come.

Even my plants think it is summer. I have sweet ripe strawberries hanging from their pots, blueberries blossoming and forming fruit and even one of my tomato plants I just planted sent out some flowers. Just like the plants I am tempted to pull out my sun dresses and tank tops and bask in the sun, but I know that the hot weather will probably not last and soon the cooler temperatures will settle back in. But for now I will soak up the heat of the sun and dream of the warm days to come. Swimming anyone?

Whoever heard of strawberries and blueberries in the winter?
The word 'dormant' is a foreign word to my plants.


Sammy enjoying the warm weather and wearing my sunglasses.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Hey, we're having summer weather too! Today it hit 58 degrees! Whoo-hoo baby! Bring on the shorts!

(you all suck)