Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tutu's Tea

Daniel loves comics. Loves to read them and loves to draw them. I especially like it when he makes up his own comics. They are very funny.

Well, Daniel inspired my to try my hand at it. My Mom (Tutu) loves to drink tea - probably because my Dad is cheap and doesn't like to turn on the heat so it gets cold in their house. We like to tease Tutu because she is continually heating up her tea and then forgetting about it. If Tutu is around there is almost guaranteed to be a cup of tea sitting in the microwave. I can't tease her too much though because, like mother like daughter, I do the same thing. And like father like daughter, I don't like to turn on the heat either.

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

That is so true!! The only thing you are missing is the fact that she ru-uses the same tea bag over and over again. I keep trying to throw away to used tea bag and she'll stop and say, "oh wait, I'm going to use that again!" I think you may need to make this a weekly strip.

Jane said...

I agree with Chrissie--you need to do more strips. My "tea" experiences vary depending on households. You already have the re-use strip for Chrissie. In Hawaii, gramma keeps putting Japanese dish lids on my abandoned tea cup "to keep out the red dirt." At work I am constantly re-heating my tea because of all the interruptions, I hardly ever get around to taking it out of the microwave! Ha! Ha! It is to laugh!