Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Empanadas

Daniel's class is studying Panama for the Multicultural Fair at school. Tomorrow we will tour all the different classrooms and their chosen countries and get to enjoy some of the local foods.

Today I made some empanadas for the fair and I must say they are quite delicious. I love empanadas but this is the first time I have ever made them. My love affair with empanadas started a long time ago when I was probably in middle school. We used to sell empanadas at a music fair held at our school every year and my Mom would bring home a whole bunch of them when the event was over. They were really good and I still remember them.

They are a bit time consuming to make, but well worth the effort. Yum!



1 comment:

Amy said...

I baked empanadas with a friend in high school and they were delicious. We had to teach our cooking class how to make a meal and somehow we chose empanadas. Yours look a lot better than how ours turned out. :-)